INA Legislative Committee
Holly Carlson, MS, RN, CCRN - Chair
INA's Legislative Committee recommends a legislative program to the Board of Directors, examines trends and developments in legislative and governmental areas as they relate to state or national health policy, and establishes positions on legislative bills using the legislative and health planning platforms of the House of Delegates.
Idaho Medicaid Presentation
Idaho Legislative Updates
Contact Your Legislators
Provides links to useful information, including:
- Bill Center - text, history, statements of purpose, fiscal notes of legislation
- Key Actions Report - a summary list of successful key actions
- Enacted Legislation - bills passed and filed with the Secretary of State
- Vetoed Legislation - bills passed by the Legislature and vetoed by the Governor
- Committee Minutes - minutes of House and Senate standing committees
- House and Senate Journals - daily record of House and Senate business
- Progress Report - week-to-week comparison and count of prepared legislation
- Video and Audio Streaming - live coverage of committee hearings
- Session Dates - convening and adjourning dates of the legislative session
- My Bill Tracker - sign up / login to track bills, create multiple bill lists & receive email notifications
Health Care Reform
ANA Health Care Reform Legislation Guides
The American Nurses Association (ANA) is providing helpful online resources for nurses designed to clearly explain what “The Health Care and Education Affordability Reconciliation Act of 2010,” legislation does and when. ANA encourages you to visit www.NursingWorld.org/HealthCareReform to review these materials which include a breakdown of the nursing provisions included in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), a timeline of implementation for the various provisions, and a guide comparing PPACA to ANA’s Health System Reform Agenda. Members are encouraged to continue the work on the health care reform effort through ANA’s dedicated Web page, www.RNaction.org/healthcare.
Health Reform and the States PowerPoint, delivered by the Council of State Governments (CSG) during the annual ANA/CMA lobbyist meeting held Sept. 15-17, 2010.
Other Health Care Legislation Links
Health Care and You Website - providing Americans with easy-to-understand information about the health care law so they can make informed health care decisions for themselves and their families.
Affordable Care Act White House Fact Sheet 02-28-11
Federal Reform and Health Insurance in Idaho - Idaho Department of Insurance: http://www.doi.idaho.gov/consumer/FedReform.aspx
Idaho Health Insurance Exchange
State Reports on Federal Health Reform Implementation: http://www.ncsl.org/IssuesResearch/Health/tabid/160/Default.aspx
State Policymakers’ Priorities for Successful Implementation of Health Reform (released by the National Academy for State Health Policy - 2009).
Federal Government Health Care Website: www.healthcare.gov connects consumers with information and resources to help them access quality and affordable coverage. Features from the website include information consumer rights and benefits listed under the Affordable Care Act, timelines when new programs under the new law will take effect, and an insurance finder tool to help visitors find private and public insurance options.
White House Health Reform in Action Website: http://www.whitehouse.gov/HealthReform